South African Surprise – an incredible 15 night guided journey. It’s an adventure unlike any other! South Africa, a vast land of unimaginable beauty and diversity of experiences, is set to take your breath away.
- Day 1 Fly from Larnaca to Johannesburg
- Day 2 Johannesburg – Upon arrival you will be met and assisted to your shuttle transfer service to the hotel. You have the remainder of the day at leisure until 19:00 when we all meet at the hotel reception for a briefing on the tour and a chance to meet up with your fellow travellers.
- Day 3 Hazyview (BB) – This morning we leave for Mpumlanga, dropping several hundred feet into the lush subtropical region of the Lowveld. Travel along the circular Panorama Route via Graskop, visiting the view sites of the Blyde River Canyon, one of natural wonders of Africa; gasp at the glory of God’s Window, with boundless view of mountains and fertile plains and finally a visit to Bourke’s Luck Potholes before heading to Hazyview. Distance travelled today: 500 km.
- Day 4 Kruger National Park (PB) – We have a bright and early start to the day in order to experience the wonders of exploring the Kruger National Park. The Kruger National Park is an internationally renowned game reserve of nearly 2 million hectares and supports the largest variety of wildlife species on the African continent. Keep a lookout for the wonderful flora and bird life that abounds. We return to our hotel around lunch time and your afternoon is at leisure. Distance travelled today: 200 km.
- Day 5 Swaziland (BB) – This morning after breakfast, we check out and depart on our journey to Swaziland. We proceed south to Malane and then onto Swaziland where in the afternoon you will visit a real Chief’s village and have the fantastic opportunity to gain an authentic knowledge of traditional Swazi culture. Distance travelled today: 290 km.
- Day 6 St Lucia and surrounds (BB) – This morning we journey through Swaziland into Zululand stopping en route to bargain for curios and souvenirs at the road side markets. Our journey continues into the Kingdom of KwaZulu-Natal where ancient traditions and modern cultures of both Zulu and Settler have combined into a vibrant society living in peace and harmony. In the afternoon we arrive in the Umfolozi area for your overnight stay. Distance travelled today: 435 km.
- Day 7 St Lucia and surrounds / Durban (BB) – Guests have the option to lie in or take an optional morning boat cruise (own account) or simply soak up the atmosphere of this tourist town St Lucia before heading off later in the morning to Durban. An orientation tour introduces us to this multicultural, vibrant seaside city before arriving at our hotel late afternoon. Distance travelled today: 290 km.
- Day 8 Drakensberg (BB, BD) – This morning, enjoy a leisurely breakfast or perhaps enjoy a stroll along Durban’s golden mile which buzzes with energy as surfers, joggers and cyclists take to this seaside playground. Then we head into the majestic Southern Drakensberg Mountains. We proceed on a visit to the 300 foot high Howick Falls, continuing through the Southern Midlands Meander Route, arriving at our hotel mid-afternoon. Your afternoon is at leisure to soak up the surroundings, or go fishing, hiking and even horse riding in clean mountain air (own account). Distance travelled today: 255 km.
- Day 9 Drakensberg (BB, BD) – Full day at leisure to soak up the surroundings of the magnificent Southern Drakensberg Mountains.
- Day 10 Eastern Cape Coast (BB, BD) – This morning we continue south to the Eastern Cape entering the fourth of the provinces and the birth place of Nelson Mandela. En route we see the old traditional way of life in the homeland area known as the Transkei and stop for lunch outside the capital of Umtata. We continue via Nelson Mandela’s birth place and house, arriving the late afternoon at our accommodation in Chinsta East, on the beautiful, unspoilt Eastern Cape Coast.
- Day 11 Eastern Cape Coast (BB) – Awake to the sounds of crashing waves and have the morning at leisure to unwind with beach sand between your toes. The beach stretched on uninterrupted for many kilometers and the thick indigenous beach forest is a haven for an amazing variety of bird life. We set off after lunch, heading south to Port Elizabeth. Distance travelled today: 340 km.
- Day 12 Knysna (BB, D) – Today the journey continues towards Cape. Visit the Tsitsikamma Forest, which provides scenic walking opportunities. A short walk to the Storms River Mouth offers some magnificent views of the gorge and river below. Arrive in Knysna late afternoon for check in at the hotel. Distance travelled today: 300 km.
- Day 13 Oudtshoorn (BB) – After breakfast, we travel inland over the spectacular Outeniqua Pass to Oudtshoorn, known as the ‘feather capital of the world’ because of it’s ostrich industry. We visit a working ostrich farm and then explore the famous Cango Caves. Walk around the famous Cango Caves with magnificent drip stone formations of stalactites. Distance travelled today: 315 km.
- Day 14 Cape Town (BB) – Today’s journey ends in Cape Town. On the way we stop off in Mossel bay to visit the famous Post Office Tree, the Bartholomeus Diaz museum. We drive via Swellendam, Worcester and through the Huguenot Tunnel before arriving in Cape Town in the late afternoon. Distance travelled today: 540 km.
- Day 15 Cape Town (BB) – Enjoy a day leisure in the ‘Mother City’ where a visit to the V & A Waterfront is recommended. Enjoy quality time exploring this city.
- Day 16 Cape Town (BB) – This morning after breakfast, check out of the hotel by 11:00. The remainder of the day will be at leisure until your transfer to Cape Town International airport to fly back to Larnaca.
|6th & 20th July||€3059|
|3rd & 17th August||€3059|
|05 & 19 October||€3059|
|2nd & 16th November||€3059|
All prices are per person and are based on 2 people sharing a room/cabin. Single supplements do apply. All prices are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- International flights including taxes
- All meals stated
- Domestic transportation
- Touring with guides
- Discover subtropical regions
- Embrace one of Africa’s natural wonders, The Blyde River Canyon
- Explore the Kruger National Park
- Experience a real Chief’s village and traditional culture in Swaziland
- Discover the Kingdom of KwaZulu
- Soak up the atmosphere in the tourist town of St Lucia
- Visit the Southern Drakensberg Mountains and Howick Falls
Fully guided tour visiting – Johannesburg – Hazyview – Kruger National Park – Swaziland – Zululand – Durban – Drakensberg – Eastern Cape Coast – Port Elizabeth – Knysna – Oudtshoorn – Cape Town
If the hotels details below for your tour are not available, hotels of a similar standard will be used.
- Johannesburg: Protea OR Tambo – Click here for hotel gallery
- Hazyview: Hippo Hollow Country Estate – Click here for hotel gallery
- Swaziland: Lugogo Sun – Click here for hotel gallery
- St Lucia: Protea Hotel Umfolozi – Click here for hotel gallery
- Drakensberg: Drakensberg Gardens Resort – Click here for hotel gallery
- Port Elizabeth: Garden Court Kings Beach – Click here for hotel gallery
- Cape Town: Sun Square Hotel – Click here for hotel gallery
Number of nights: 16 | Prices From: €3059 | Location: Africa | Dates: January February March April May June July August September October November December | Year: 2019 | | Expires: