Century Travel may from time to time invite you to provide personal information in order to provide you with services and to enable you to order goods. In order to deliver such services or goods, Century Travel will need to process and store your personal information and may need to transfer it to affiliates and service providers for processing inside the European Economic Area. By submitting your personal information, you consent to such processing and transfers in connection with such orders, offers or services and for any other purposes to which you consent at the time you provide the information.
Century Travel will only use your personal information for purposes for which you have consented and will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes at all.
Century Travel follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information so as to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. Century Travel also requires those parties to whom Century Travel transfers personal information to comply with the same.
We are entitled by law to charge a fee of €10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We are also legally obliged to request you to provide us with identification so that we can be certain that you are entitled to receive the requested data.
Data Protection: Century Travel may use your details to let you know about other products and services which we think would be of interest to you from within the Century Travel group. However, under no circumstances will you be inundated with sales and marketing emails or contact. At no time will we pass your details to any other companies or third Parties for marketing or any other reason.
DV Century Travel Consultants Limited is the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation.
When you register for our Services on our Websites, for example signing up for marketing emails or requesting to be contacted by a consultant for a quote, you may provide us with:
- Your personal details, including your email address and phone numbers
When you place a booking with Century Travel, either as lead passenger, booker, passenger or non-travelling payee, you may provide us or our Service Provider with:
- Your personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and date of birth and name as per passport
- Financial transaction information, including your debit or credit card information
- Travel related information such as passport details, ethnicity, visa eligibility.
- In some cases, we may also need to collect more sensitive personal data such as information concerning medical conditions, disabilities and special requirements, so as to be able to consider your particular needs in relation to a booking.
When you interact with us via our Social Accounts, we may collect:
- Social media content such as imagery, video content and feedback such as reviews and social interactions.
- For any content you submit, we may use, copy, modify, adapt, publish or incorporate such content into forms of marketing messaging and advertising for our social accounts, email marketing, print brochures and our website.
We may also use personal data from social media sources such as Facebook advertising that supply information, cookie and third party data. For example, this type of personal social media data helps us to:
- Contribute to reviewing and improving the messaging and marketing we share on our social accounts such as analytical and reporting data.
- Improve and measure the delivery and effectiveness of our marketing communications across social media advertising.
When you use our website we use data tracking software (‘cookies’) which allow us to collect:
- Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Websites and Mobile Apps and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites)
- Information about any devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers)
How We Use Personal Data
We use personal data to effectively manage and improve the services we offer to you, including:
- Processing bookings, so that we can manage the provision of services and help with any bookings or refunds you may ask for;
- Improve our online services, including improving our Websites;
- Detection and prevention of fraud or other crimes, so that we can ensure you can safely use our services;
- Improvement and development of our products and suppliers, information technology systems and the way we communicate with you, including measuring the responses to certain products;
- Providing a specialised and personalised service to you to help us meet your needs as a customer, including providing you with marketing material that is relevant to your interests. This may include us measuring your responses to marketing communications;
- Contact and interaction with you, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you send to us, so that we can service your booking or query effectively as a customer
Sharing Personal Data
We may share the personal data we collect with other companies in the Century Travel Group, where it is necessary for the effective servicing of a booking or query.
We may share the personal data we collect with other Supplier Partners and Service Providers. We only share personal data that enable our Supplier Partners to provide their services. We work with carefully selected Service Providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf, including for example, companies that help us with our technology services, storing and combining data, and processing payments. We only share personal data that enable our Service Providers to effectively provide their services. When we share personal data with these companies we require them store and process it securely, and they must not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
We may also need to share personal data with other organisations in certain circumstances:
- if the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
- if we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk);
- to an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal data can use your personal data in the same way as us; or
- to any other successors in title to our business.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area “EEA”). It may also be processed by companies operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our Service Providers, such as airlines, hoteliers, insurance companies and ground handling agents so they can provide you the arrangements you require.
In order for you to travel overseas, we may be required to disclose certain of your personal data to government bodies or other authorities in Cyprus and in other countries, such as those responsible for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism. Even if it is not mandatory for us to provide information to such authorities, we may exercise our discretion to assist them where appropriate.
Protection of Personal Data
The protection and safe-guarding of your personal data is very important to us and we implement various security safeguards to protect your data, including:
- Encryption of our internal systems
- Regular reviews of our processes for collecting, storing and processing your personal data.
- Restricting access to your personal data to authorised users. This includes the use of physical security measures.
However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
We will send you relevant news and offers about our products and services in a number of ways, including by email, but only if you have previously agreed to receive these marketing communications or have engaged with us in a service provision way. When you register with us on our Website, we will ask you if you would like to receive marketing communications. When you engage with a travel consultant, they will also ask you if you would like to receive marketing communications. You can change your marketing choices over the phone with your consultant or by unsubscribing from our emails at any time.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to see the personal data we hold about you. This is called a Subject Access Request. If you would like a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please write to: Century Travel, PO Box 62862, 8069 Paphos.