- The Italian Lakes conjure up thoughts of romanticism and none more so than Lake Garda. From May to October there will be a wedding on it’s shores, couples walking hand in hand on their evening strolls and diners sharing a bottle of Bardolino.
- Lake Garda is the largest of the Italian Lakes, and tourists traveling here will find plenty of excursions and activities to keep them entertained year-round—everything from visiting hilly wine regions to exploring 14th-century castles. Blessed with an agreeable climate, views of the Alps, with Venice to the east and Milan to the west, it remains curiously uncelebrated, as always overshadowed by Lake Como with its famous gardens and villas, though Garda has so much to offer.
- See the Grotte di Catullo – the remains of a large Roman villa dating from 1BC, Rocca Scaligera di Sirmione – The Scaliger family built numerous castles at and around Lake Garda. Castles in the towns Arco, Lazise, Malcesine, Moniga del Garda, and Riva del Garda, but the best preserved one is the Scaliger castle of Sirmione, Saint Martino Tower – The famous panoramic tower of San Martino della Battaglia, 74 metres high, remembers the battle of the region of June 24th 1859. From the top of the tower there is a beautiful view overlooking the lower part of Lake Garda, Zeni Winery – The Zeni winery is located and operates in Bardolino, on the slopes of the morainic hills along the eastern shore of Lake Garda
- Canoeing/Kayaking – For the energetic, Lake Garda and the streams that flow into it from the surrounding mountains are ideal since canoeing and kayaking are activities which are mostly carried out in calm waters.
- The trick to getting the best out of Lake Garda is to find a congenial base and spend leisurely days exploring the lake, picking out what each little town has to offer. Tennyson penned: “Row us out from Desenzano,” and he chose his base wisely. On the south shore of Laka Garda, in the Lombardy region, Desenzano has a series of interconnected piazze that house numerous open-air cafés, various shops, gelaterie (ice-cream parlours), and bars.
|2018||3* Europa||4* Villa Maria|
- Our package includes return flights from Larnaca, 1 night stay at an airport hotel in Milan
- Return train ticket from Milan to Lake Garda
- 7 nights on a bed and breakfast basis at the charming Villa Maria Hotel (4*) or Hotel Europa (3*)
Number of nights: 7 | Prices From: €849 | Location: Europe | Dates: July August September | ★★★★