Take advantage of direct flights from Cyprus to Jordan & experience a 4 nt private guided tour to Amman, Petra, Wadi Rum & the Dead Sea with handpicked 4 & 5* hotels. You will be collected from the airport by our local agents and escorted for 5 days on a private tour to see the sights in Jordan. Extend your time at the Dead Sea if you wish, just ask for details.
- Day 1: Fly from Paphos to Amman. Transfer to your hotel.
- Day 2: Amman City Tour/ Wadi Rum/ Petra (528 Km) – Breakfast. Departure to visit the ruins of the Amman Roman theatre, the Citadel and the Umayyad Palace. The tour includes visits to the Archaeological and Folklore Museums. Continue south to the enchanting desert of Wadi Rum, Jordan’s largest desert and one of the most spectacular desert landscapes in the world. Jeep Tour inside the Wadi, where you can watch the sun go down while drinking a cup of traditional Bedouin tea. Transfer to Petra. Overnight at hotel
- Day 3: Petra – Breakfast. We will start our journey to explore Petra, aptly described as the “rose-red city, half as old as time”. The ancient city was founded by the Nabateans 2000 years ago. Its massive architectural structure and its multicolored stones are an incredible attraction. The visit of the ancient Nabatean capital starts on horseback, followed by a walk through the Siq, a long narrow fissure between two overhanging cliffs. Towards the end of the Siq, you will be spellbound by Petra’s most famous monument; the Treasury. The tour then proceeds to gradually unfold the mysteries of the city. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 4: Petra/ Madaba/ Mt. Nebo/ Dead Sea (295 Km) – Breakfast. Visit the Christian Town of Madaba, which is known as ‘The City of Mosaics’. You will be visiting the St. George Greek Orthodox Church, where you will see the masterpiece of Madaba (a Byzantine mosaic map of the Holy Land that goes back to the 6th century, showing Jerusalem and other cities), you will also visit the Archaeological Park, which houses the remains of several Byzantine churches, including the amazing mosaics of the Church of the Virgin. The park complex includes a school for the restoration and conservation of ancient mosaics. We will then go to Mt. Nebo, which is considered to be one of the most important holy sites in Jordan, as it is believed to be the place where Moses climbed from the Valley of Moab, and from where God showed him the Promised Land, as well as Moses’ last resting place. It features ruins from the 4th to the 6th century with marvelous mosaics adorning the grounds of the church still visible. Depart to the Dead Sea. Free time at leisure. Overnight at hotel
- Day 5: Dead Sea/ Departure (60 Km) – Breakfast. Transfer to the airport for departure. Flight back to Cyprus.
|All prices are per person based on 2 people travelling on the tour. If you have a larger number of people wanting to travel and happy to travel on the same transport, there may be a small reduction in price. The tour is based on a private vehicle with an English speaking driver and local guides are used in each destination. Hotels are included on a B&B basis and other meals and drinks are not included. Gratuities not included.|
All prices are per person and are based on 2 people sharing a room/cabin. Single supplements do apply. All prices are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Flights from Paphos direct to Amman (Larnaca available for a supplement)
- Transfers & guided tour on a private basis
- 4 nts hotel on B&B basis
- Visa in Jordan
- Entrance fees are included. There is an optional horse ride in Petra where the handler will expect a tip if you decide to take it. Local guides are used in certain locations, but you will have an English speaking driver with you for the duration of the journey. Tips are not included & are at your discretion. Hotels are included on a B&B basis. Other meals and drinks are not included.
- While you are in Petra you can enjoy the magic of Petra by night. The program includes a candle lit visit to the Rose-Red City of Petra. The special aura of the ancient Nabatean trading empire comes to life as you enjoy a stroll through the mysterious Siq of Petra. At The Treasury, music and stories will help you experience Petra as the travel-weary traders of old must have known it. The excursion departs from Petra Visitors Center every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evening at 20:30, returning to the Visitors Center around 22:00 are US$ 24.00 per person, children under 12 years are free of charge. You can buy your ticket at your hotel reception desk. Please note that the walk is not very well lit.
- On one of the nights while you are in Petra you can enjoy a night cuisine course and meal at the Petra Kitchen. The Petra Kitchen has a relaxed, informal atmosphere where you’ll prepare an evening meal, working alongside local women under the supervision of a chef. This includes soup, cold and hot mezza and salads, a main course and take home recipes. The price for this cooking course is €43 per person.
Number of nights: 4 | Prices From: €1049 | Location: Middle East | Dates: July August September October | Year: 2018 | ★★★★